Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pizza


Pizza is a favorite in this household. It is requested often. Sometimes we order it and he will get his without cheese. Sometimes, if I am prepared, I will start in the morning with making the crust myself but not tonight. Today I was at the store and happened to spy a box of Jiffy Pizza Crust. I love the Jiffy products. We make the corn bread and the blueberry muffins often. They are inexpensive (around $0.50) and they actually taste really good, especially if you add a few fresh ingredients to them. So, I thought I would try the Pizza crust and I bought two boxes. When I asked what everyone might want for dinner tonight, knowing full well that they might not get what they wanted, two people voted for pizza. So, I made the crust and we topped it with our favorite toppings and half had regular mozzarella and half had soy mozzarella (his side is the side without the green peppers. Hard to tell, isn't it?).
I can't say that this is my favorite crust but it was fast, easy and tasted pretty good.
Some suggestions:
-Get your kids involved in topping the pizza. Sometimes you can get them to eat more of the veggie toppings by having them make faces or other patterns on the top!
-Change it up and try different toppings like goat cheese, fresh herbs, chicken, shrimp, whatever you might have in your fridge, pantry or garden!
-split the dough up and make individual pizzas so that everyone can have the toppings that they desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment