Sunday, July 12, 2009

lunch


I know this blog is primarily about dinners but today I was feeling a bit uninspired by what to make for lunch. Our family takes a nice walk to the farmers market every Saturday and buys fresh produce, grass-feed beef, goat cheese (which he can eat), sorbet, whatever the farmers brought that looks good! Yesterday I came home with two beautiful ripe Hanover tomatoes. So today in my attempt to get inspired by what I had in my fridge or on my counter, I saw the tomatoes and they were calling my name. But what to make with a tomato that is quick and yummy because at this point it was 11:45am. Then I remembered that I had some bacon in the fridge and some mixed greens.
PERFECT...a BLT!
nothing like a BLT with fresh local tomatoes, add a slice of local cantaloupe and some chips... a yummy lunch and there is no diary involved! He ate it up and was energized for some more yard work!


No comments:

Post a Comment